The training is focused on key principles of mitigating risk associated with violence in the workplace. We use a dynamic tactical communication model integrated into the practical training.
The advanced Verbal de-escalation training will provide a robust and reputable 8 step tactical communication model for participants to apply in the role play scenarios.
- Assess conflict
- Negotiate Conflict
- Evaluate Conflict response.
- Outcomes of conflict (Negative and Positive);
- Sources of conflict (Personal differences, Information deficiency, role incompatibility, environmental stress);
- Common reasons for customer aggression – Emotional rage, Rational choice and Random violence;
- Cultural factors impacting on how we communicate with others;
- The art of persuasion – here we move into the strategies of generating voluntary compliance through the use of the 8 step tactical communication model;
- Verbal and non-verbal communication – the impact on communication through non-verbal cues (body language);
- Active listening – demonstrating that you are listening (Clarification, Questioning, Repetition, Paraphrasing);
- Proxemics and spatial awareness;
- Sources of power – (Referent, Legitimate, Coercive, Reward, Expert);
- Introduction to 8 step tactical communication model; and
- Practical application of the 8-step communication model using professional actor (Scenario based).
We can customise the training so that the scenarios are relevant to your organisation’s context.
PCT has delivered this training to various government departments and organisation’s including, but not limited to:
Department of Fisheries;
Department of Transport;
Department of Health (North and South Metropolitan Hospital Services);
WA Insurance Commission;
City of Perth Rangers;
City of Greater Geraldton;
Department of Commerce; and
Department of Mines and Petroleum.
All participants will receive a certificate
Cost: $130.00 pp (no gst applicable)
Numbers: Minimum number of 10 participants per course and capped at no more than 20 participants
Suggested Time: 9.00 am to 4.00 pm.
Please feel free contact us we can customise the course to your requirements.