By applying the principles outlined in the examples to other
abstract problems the candidate should more readily identify
rules and relationships.
Our aim is to facilitate the following learning outcomes.
- Identify individual elements within a group of
- Identify a rule connecting a set of figures;
- Complete a number of test questions by applying a
rule connecting a set of figures;
- Apply techniques aimed at increasing the speed at
which logical rules are generated (the faster a person
generates solutions, the higher the probability of a
correct answer—in a given period of time);
- Increase the number of elements a person can keep
track of in responding to an item (span capacity).
Someone with a larger span capacity than someone
else can take into account more figures without making
errors and hence has a larger probability of a correct